Whether you're looking for increased corrosion protection, a harder wearing surface or just a fantastic colour on your aluminium components then anodising is the process for you. The anodised coating thickness and colour can be varied and when anodised the surface is converted to an aluminium oxide layer increasing the wear and abrasive properties of the aluminum. Electromold has the ability and quality endorsement to anodise to many recognised specifications including Military specs such as MIL-A-8625, Type II, Class 1 or 2.
We are the only company in the Southern Hemisphere to provide Thin Film Sulphuric Anodising, the environmentally friendly alternative to Chromic Anodising.
There are limitations to what can be anodised and this depends on what grade of aluminium the components are manufactured from. Poor quality aluminium such as 2011 or components that are made from most cast alloys will result in poor anodizing results as well as colour and gloss level variation. For further details regarding appropriate aluminium grades, please check chart below or consult our technical staff.
Electromold has developed many different surface effects on aluminium alloys. Depending on your desired look we offer mirror polishing, a scotch brite finish, or linished look to give your components the required finish and a unique look. For further details regarding these options please consult our technical staff for advice.
Specification for Clear and Colour Anodising (MIL-A-8625, Type II, Class 1 or 2)
Some of the properties of Sulphuric Acid Anodising are:
- Increased corrosion protection of above 336 hours Salt Spray Testing.
- Increased wear resistance, as you are converting the aluminium into aluminium Oxide.
- Can be left unsealed to improve paint bond and locktite bond strengths.
- Can be performed on many different surface textures.
- Can be dyed black to eliminate light reflection for laser Optics.
- A fantastic colour range for that unique decorative look
- The anodised layer formed is extremely thin, non-porous and non-conductive.
- Can be anodised with a matt finish to eliminate light reflection for laser Optics
- Improves equipment operation and performance (and not too bad on the eye).
- With our latest colour range and gloss levels we are able to offer our customers any combination to achieve your desired finish and texture.
Grey / Charcoal
Clear or Silver
Electromold is proud to offer our customers the process of Colour Anodizing, delivering the same high standards and service that you have come to expect from the leaders in the surface coating industry.
If you require any further information regarding this process or any of Electromold's plating processes, please contact us on +61 3 9464 0922 and one of our technical staff will be able to assist you.